In this episode of Move Fast. Break Shit. Burn Out., Tracey Lovejoy and Shannon Lucas chat with Brandon Powell, Founder and CEO at HatchWorks. Their conversation covers the challenges and obstacles that come with intertwining personal purpose and entrepreneurship. Tune in to learn how to navigate your entrepreneurial journey with greater authenticity, empathy, and resilience
- Integrating Personal and Company Purpose: Aligning individual and organizational goals can lead to powerful motivation and greater success. This integration played a pivotal role in the inception and growth of Hatchworks Technologies, which was purpose-driven from the start.
- Adaptability and Learning: The ability to learn and adapt, especially in new and challenging environments, is crucial for entrepreneurial success. This also encompasses cultural and linguistic adaptations in an increasingly globalized business landscape.
- Mental Health and Self-Awareness: It’s essential to acknowledge and address fears and mental health issues to grow personally and professionally. This also involves recognizing and integrating your “shadow side” to avoid self-deception.
- Authenticity and Transparency: Staying true to oneself and being open with the leadership team about financial and strategic details creates a sense of shared ownership and accountability.
- The Role of Empathy in Leadership: Empathy is a vital leadership skill, especially during crises. However, maintaining a balance between empathy and business outcomes is necessary to avoid financial challenges. This balance can be maintained through external checks and balances, like having a CEO coach.
- Value of Support Systems: Surrounding oneself with like-minded individuals or groups can provide valuable support, grounding, and guidance. Recognizing areas of non-expertise and seeking external help, like hiring a CFO, can steer the company towards success.